Starting September 10th!
Email email@example.com by 9/9 for more information!
Tryouts start 9/10 — no late inquiries will be accepted.
Roller derby is a unique sport that showcases revolutionary athleticism, strategy, and strength — but it’s much more than a really intense game on eight wheels. Ohio Roller Derby is dedicated to building ourselves up, both on and off the track, by creating a culture that promotes community and welcomes diverse identities and backgrounds.
Requirements to try out:
- Age 18+ and fall within the WFTDA Gender Statement
- Sign an OHRD hold-harmless waiver
- Attend a minimum of 7 of the 11 available practices, including the 3 mandatory practices
- Gear: mouthguard, helmet, knee pads, elbow pads, wrist guards, quad roller skates with toe-stops*
- Payment of the $25 Tryout Session Enrollment Fee (for those not enrolled in the Fall OH!RL session)
*Mouthguards are available for purchase for $1. If you do not own the required gear, we have a limited amount of loaner gear available on a first come, first served basis. If you join the league, you will be required to acquire this equipment within one month of joining the league.
Dates: (dates in bold are mandatory)
- Tuesday 9/10, 7pm-9:30pm
- Thursday 9/12, 7:30pm-9:30pm
- Saturday 9/14, 10am-12pm
- Tuesday 9/17, 7pm-9:30pm
- Thursday 9/19, 7:30pm-9:30pm
- Saturday 9/21, 10am-12pm
- Tuesday 9/24, 7pm-9:30pm
- Thursday 9/26, 7:30pm-9:30pm
- Saturday 9/28, 10am-12pm
- Tuesday 10/1, 7pm-9:30pm
- Thursday 10/3, 7:30pm-9:30pm
Optional Pre-Tryout Practice Time
If you love derby, but playing isn’t your thing, OHRD has volunteer opportunities ranging from announcing to officiating available. Come join our crew! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.